Saturday, October 1, 2011

American movies give you the wrong impression of high school?

True or false?


Very true in my case, hah. When I walked into the halls of my high school, I was expecting something out of Mean Girls xD|||SOOO TRUE MY FRIEND!! LOL! I thought I was going to get attacked all animal style!! :O|||True. The media tends to put their so-called "flair" on everything. Just as long as people don't take it too seriously, it's no big deal. Turns out beautiful, skinny, laughing women aren't the only ones who eat at McDonald's either. There you have it.





Probably the most unrealistic portrayal of high school has to be Easy A. I mean come on! Were they even TRYING? O_o|||True for me





Scottish high school is nothing like American high school


we don't have cheerleaders or basketball players... or anything like that





we have chavs and slags.|||I'm leaning toward false in my situation. It's not as dramatic as Mean Girls obviously but there are similarities|||TRUE. The archetypes aren't as obvious in real life!|||True!! Another example is highschool musical|||No..it's all true..cheerleaders wear their uniforms 24/7 and belt out random songs that somehow everyone else in the hallway know...|||Mean Girls is closer to the truth than the silly teen movies from the 80s. for me though, I'd say false.|||I'm American and I have yet to see someones lunch money be stolen.|||i thought high school was gonna be like grease, leather jackets, rough guys, everyone looking like they're 25|||True. How it is in the movies and TV is so stupid its irritating.|||Very true. The girls weren't horny at all.|||Luna Lovegood? Why did you expect something out of Mean Girls? Hermione is nice. :3|||Lol well there is High School Musical. None of that stuff happens in regular hight schools|||True|||True ;)|||Yea! I didn't get smashed into a locker, get milk poured on my head, NOR did I get a wedgie!|||Ikr! I mean nobody actually wers skirts that short and act that dumb in real life|||true its nothing like the movies/shows|||yes, same with college

No comments:

Post a Comment